Tuesday 17 March 2015

Degree to Diploma | Uni

Here is my story, I basically am the type of person that just reads the blurb of a book and think that I know everything about the book. Boy was am I wrong. Last year I applied for Open University, its all based at home which I found amazing & so flexible, however I never done a proper research on this university. This is when I thank social media, specially twitter as that way I communicate with a lot of current OU students. One day I was casually talking to a OU student about our course, she said she is doing two modules & to me I thought she meant two courses, I told her I am doing only one & she said 'are you doing part time? when do you graduate?' & I said I'm doing full time & graduating on 2017, she said 'how many credits is your module?' I said 60 credits, then she said 'you are doing part time because full time is 120 credits & it'll take you 4 years to get a degree or more'. I was in shock! Started to panic, emailing my tutor & calling the university & also going on youtube & finding people talking about the Open University. It was too late to apply for another module as it was march & I could've applied for another module if it was January. So now I have two options, either I work on a degree for 4 years, or carry on & get a diploma at 2017, if so I still get to be in the ceremony, wear a gown, get a certificate but it won't be a degree certificate. As I know whats best for me I will go for the diploma, this is because I work so hard on something but never get a result I want to get, I think thats due to me being dyslexic, which I hate. I am writing this post to finally show acceptance that I will probably never get a degree, which is okay, but also writing to thank everyone that has helped me have some sort of hope. I won't be upset anymore over this or stress out & just concentrate on my diploma & try to find work then I will be able to clear my university debt. My mind is set. My goal is set. My future is set. I'm ready for success. Finally.





                                                                       Love
                                                                     Rumilla
                                                                          x

No comments:

Post a Comment