Wednesday 3 August 2016

Lentil Curry Recipe | LifeStyle


Hiya everyone, hope you're all doing well. Today I thought I'd do something a little different on my blog, I decided to share with you all my take on the lentil curry recipe, this is suitable for vegetarians and none vegetarians too. I will be sharing a lot more recipes when I can so then you all can be able to enjoy what I enjoy. So here it goes.

What you'll need is:

- 2 table spoons of oil
- 3 cups of red Lentils
- 1 big onion
- whole garlic clove
- 2 table spoons of salt
- 1 table spoon of turmeric 
- 1 table spoon of chili powder 
- 1 table spoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 tomato
- vegetable of your choice (optional) I will be using 2 pepper and two hand full of baby tomatoes. 
- cup of cilantro

Instructions:

Pre-heat oil on pan for 3 mins on medium high.


Add in the chopped up garlic clove, make sure they are finely chopped up into think slices. 


Put them into the hot oil and wait till they go golden brown.


Add in your finely chopped up onion.


Stir it in.


Add in a tomato.


Add in your first spice which is turmeric. 



Then add in second spice chili powder.



Add in final spice cayenne pepper.



Add in chilli, this is optional.


Now add in the Lentils, make sure they are washed and drained out before adding them onto the pan.



Add in baby tomatoes and finally chopped up peppers. This part is optional.



Now add in the salt, the reason why the salt is added last is because then the lentils will have a hard texture to them and it won't taste good.



Lastly add in cilantro.


And now you have lentil curry.



This is my take on the indian lentil curry, if you have any questions please do drop it down on the comment section or if you would like to see more curry or other dishes please do comment down below, I would love to do more posts like this. It's very simple and easy to make and if you made this then please do show me on twitter (@imurstwittor) I would love to see pictures.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment